HOME        MEET JENN        GET IN TOUCH        ADVERTISING       

30 January 2015

5 Fandom Friday's: Favorite Fandom Accessories I Own


The Origin of 5 Fandom Friday from The Nerdy Girlie

Today's topic: Favorite Fandom Accessories

This topic was another difficult topic for me. As I sat around typing this post I began to realize how much fandom accessories I had within my possession. I can see it everywhere I look, which just makes me giggle, and that's even talking about my t-shirt collection (which makes me laugh even more)

1. I have the 9th and 10th Doctor's Sonic Screwdrivers- As soon as I first started watching Doctor Who I fell in love with the show! There used to be an FYE near where my parents lived, and so I picked these up there before they closed. I then managed to find matching keychains somewhere.



2. My TARDIS Christmas Lights- I also happened to find these at an FYE around Christmas in 2012, and I couldn't help but purchase them for my Christmas tree! Right now, they just hang around my world map because I don't have enough space on my transformer to plug them in.

3. Hermione Granger's Wand- My favorite character in the entirety of the Harry Potter universe to be followed by Draco Malfoy and Severus Snape. My best friend and I visited Islands of Adventure in March of 2014 for my first time before I moved to Germany and we both bought wands. I'd always identified with Hermione Granger so it was a no brainer that hers was the wand I would purchase.



4. Punko! Pop Batman figure and keychain- I think I have discussed these several times already through my entire social media presence, so I will just leave you with yet another picture of them. I just love how they match perfectly except the keychain has a Batarang!



5. A signed print by Christopher Sabat- My best friend is very big into conventions and what not and has been to almost every one in Florida I think (if not every one in the state) and decided to purchase this print for me. I'm sure all you geeks know who he is, but for those that don't, he is the voice of Vegeeta from Dragonball Z, the voice of Armstrong from Full Metal Alchemist, and Kazuma Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho (just to name a few). On the print he wrote "Jenn- come home now!" and even underlined the word now. How cool is that?



Some of my other favorites:
* Batman plush from Spooky Pooky Creations
* A poster signed by Ellen McLain (the voice of GLaDOS from Portal/ Portal 2) that says "Jenn, there will be cake" (from the same convention as my Christopher Sabat print)
* My "Somebody needs a hug" Gir poster from Invader Zim
* Batman pint glass
* Gir beanie from Invader Zim

What are some of your favorite Fandom Accessories?



4 comments:

  1. Cool list, I liked the wand that you said you got from Islands of Adventure, I have not heard of it till this point so I Googled it. It is now on my To Go list, and has a high priority placement so thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jasmine,

      The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, Florida is actually spread across Islands of Adventures and Universal Studios. Hogsmeade is in Islands of Adventure (which is where I got my wand) and Diagon Alley is in Universal (and I haven't been there yet). To see the whole thing you have to buy a ticket to both parks.

      Delete
  2. Awwh I want a sonic screwdriver so much! I Have to get a 10 one! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Katya!

      Thanks for stopping by! I think the sonic screw drivers were the first things outside of fandom t-shirts that I owed. What's even better is 10's screwdriver is also a pen! They also have one for River Song that I don't have yet. Love, Jenn

      Delete