HOME        MEET JENN        GET IN TOUCH        ADVERTISING       

17 February 2015

Recipe: Beef and Broccoli on Rice



Welcome friends and happy Tuesday to you all! 
Today I wanted to share with you another new recipe that Mo and I tried out this past Sunday as part of my 100 Goals before 2017.


This recipe comes from Chungah from Damn Delicious ((can we see a pattern here with the previous recipes that I have posted? They are super simple and really yummy... and they all come from her!!!))

Onto the recipe! All pictures are from Chungah because I ate it to fast and forgot to take my own pictures! Next time I most definitely will take pictures ((I even told myself to take pics and still forgot)) We made a few adjustments to the recipe, which you will notice if you compare ours to hers.

It takes about 5-10 minutes to prep and then about 10 minutes to cook (not counting the rice, which takes about 20-25 min on its own)


INGREDIENTS:
  • * 2/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce 
  • * 1/2 cup chicken stock 
  • * 1/4 cup honey 
  • * 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar 
  • * 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed 
  • * 3 cloves garlic, minced 
  • * 1 tablespoon sesame oil We couldn't find sesame oil at our commissary, so we just used regular oil
  • * 1 tablespoon cornstarch 
  • * 1 teaspoon ground ginger 
  • * 1 tablespoon olive oil 
  • * 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced
  • * 1 head broccoli, cut into pieces

INSTRUCTIONS: 
  • 1. In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, chicken stock, honey, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, oil, cornstarch, ginger, and 1/4 cup water (to help thin out the cornstarch) ; set aside. 
  • 2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add steak and cook, flipping once, until browned, about 3-4 minutes. 
  • 3. Stir in broccoli and soy sauce mixture until tender and slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes. 
  • 4. Serve immediately.
via Damn Delicious 

** We also made some Jasmine Rice to go with the beef and broccoli. We put 1 cup of rice and 1 1/2 cup of water into a pan, put it on medium heat until it started to boil a little bit. We noticed that the rice was sticking a little bit to the pan so we added another 2/3 cup of water and 3 tbsp of butter. Next time we are going to add some sugar to the rice to give it some more flavor.

Let me know if you decide to make this yourself and let me know what you think of it!

Stay tuned next time for another new recipe I find to make and share with you!



2 comments:

  1. That looks yummy! I am an awful cook - I wish I had some skills! The only thing I can make that actually tastes REALLY good is beef stew lol

    Jessica
    the.pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica,

      It was pretty tasty and I wish that we had made enough so I could've taken some home with me, but oh well. I didn't learn how to cook until I was already 18 years old. Haha. Luckily Mo and I cook together because he is better with the meats and stuff and I just mix everything together and do the seasonings and stuff!

      Delete