HOME        MEET JENN        GET IN TOUCH        ADVERTISING       

02 March 2015

February in Review

Hello friends and Happy Monday!! ((trying to find something positive about Monday's... it's sometimes difficult!))

I've decided this year that I want to do monthly review posts to kinda highlight what has been going on in my neck of the woods. It's fun to look back on things as well help me focus on what I want to document every month for myself! I can't believe that another month has come and gone already! Can you? It's insane how time seems to be flying by so quickly this year!

Here is a small look into this past month for me:

** Made some new recipes with Mo: Beef and Broccoli on Rice and Honey Brown Sugar Chicken and started a new series hosted on Tuesdays for Recipes! I even made a little header for it with Mo's help to show off how nerdy we really are. :)



** Watched American Sniper- which was a fantastic movie! It is one part of one of my goals checked off my list. I'm still currently reading the book, which takes longer and I reserve for the more boring moments of work, especially when working a night shift, but we had been planning to watch the movie and I know that the movie and book won't always match up. This one was a little confusing in the start of the movie how it kept switching back and forth between his time in the military and what happened before he joined. I prefer the book to the movie honestly, just because I like the details that Chris Kyle actually shares, the stuff that Taya shares in her rare appearances, and just hearing stuff from Chris' opinions. Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie, but it was also a lot different from the book and I prefer the book wholeheartedly!

Also- the man accused of murdering Chris Kyle and his friend Chad Littlefield was found guilty and sentenced to life in prison. I personally don't know much about what really happened, about whether or not he really did murder them or if it was a case of PTSD (which people often forget isn't just related to war but to traumatic events and what is traumatic to one person might not be traumatic to another), or much about the trial, so I honestly don't have much of an opinion on whether or not he should be sentenced to life or not.... I just honestly don't know enough about the situation to form an opinion.

** Participate in #This Week by Mandy at Record Life



** A couple of 5 Fandom Friday's: One, Two, Three, and Four.

** Went to a Soldier of the Month board and made second place! Up next is a promotion board (finally) to hopefully make it to Sergeant before July of this year... only 3 years late






** Got a new Blog Layout and I really like it!

** Had a BBQ at work, had some large fixed wing fly by the tower, and remember why I don't like people all that much!















What about you? What are some fun things that happened in your neck of the woods in this last month? 

I look forward to documenting the small parts of life, with the help of my social media in the coming months!

Make sure you leave a link to you review posts so I can check them out!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn, I am so happy to have found a new friend in you. Thank you so much for your service to our country. Best wishes for a happy and healthy March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandy,

      I'm stoked to have you as a new friend as well! You're really inspiring me to journal more and work on my PL more. That's hard where I live because no one here really does scrapbooking or memory keeping,s o I rely heavily on my online community for motivation to keep me on track. Same to you dear friend. Happy March! <3

      Delete