HOME        MEET JENN        GET IN TOUCH        ADVERTISING       

17 April 2015

Relay For Life 2015

Hello dear friends and Happy Friday!
((Super stoked it's Friday, even though I have to work all weekend))
Like I mentioned in yesterday's post at the very end, I am participating in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life event this June. Last year, we were the first event created is Germany, falling under a Relay for Life in McKinney, Texas. We have to have a chapter in the states since we live in a foreign country, and thankfully the event coordinator has participated for years in Relay and her sister is the coordinator for the one in Texas, so we just fall under them. Last year, we didn't have a lot of time to prepare for the event, but we still raised over $18,000! This year we've had several more months to prepare, get the word out, and get people to participate.


Yesterday, I participated in an Arts & Crafts fair on my home station to let people know about our event as well as do some small fundraising for my team. I talked to some ladies who are going to put together raffle items or raffle baskets for the event, which is pretty awesome.
I am a team captain again this year, a team made up of Mo, me, and a couple of my coworkers. Hopefully we get more people to join our team!
If you would like to donate to our team for Relay, please go here!


So, I'll be spending my time making paracord items, fabric hairbows, and crochet little monsters like the one below. You can find more of my crafts here, and I will ship them anywhere, if you would like to purchase something to support our cause!




2 comments:

  1. I love the paracords! I wish I were able to make some :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaz,

      Let me know what you want and I can make something to send with your letter!

      Delete