HOME        MEET JENN        GET IN TOUCH        ADVERTISING       

19 May 2015

Geek Girl Brunch: Initial Meet-up

Hello friends!
 
Three posts in one week, what's up with that? Go Me!
 
So, a couple of weeks ago I finally joined my local chapter of Geek Girl Brunch- the Kaiserslautern (K-town for short) chapter is the only one here in Germany and it's a little over a 3 hour drive from where I live. I was pretty excited after talking with one of the organizers for like two days prior. She was super awesome about talking with me and was super friendly.
 
 
 
Cree from We ate. We loved. We traveled. is probably one of the coolest people that I have ever met! She was super helpful with any questions I had. She gave me her number for when I got into town so I could meet up with her. We were originally supposed to meet at a venue for a themed brunch but due to spacing issues, we ended up just meeting at the local Base Exchange on Ramstein Air Base and just talking.
 
I got there early (hazards of driving there often, what I think will be a 4 hour drive turns out to only be like 3 hours and 20 minutes) so I had time to pick up some tea from Starbucks and a bottle of HoneyWine Met (pronouced meade). Thankfully Cree recognized me because I was a little unsure if it was her at first, but she was so friendly that my nervousness about meeting her and the other Geek Girls was quickly squashed. We put together a couple of tables and all sat around. We introduced ourselves first and then we started talking amongst ourselves. I was sitting between a couple of awesome girls that I was very happy to meet.
 
Overall- I was just ecstatic to meet girls like myself, especially within the military community. We all like a bunch of different things (table top games, video games, tv shows, anime, things like that), some of us have quite a lot of tattoos, and most of us all like to craft of some type (or cook- which is just as awesome). After the meeting officially ended (most ladies had to get back home to their children and families), a couple of us walked around the mall part and talked a little.
 
I've been told that I now have a couple of places to stay next time I come for a brunch (which is totally awesome), Cree herself just told me that she was gonna have to make me lunch next time I visit solely because I told her I've never had hummus before, and I got some new Facebook friends out of it! I also have two people that want to set up photography sessions with me.
 
It'll be nice to have more friends here. It sucks that they all live so far away though. That seems to be the story of my life here in Germany though. All the people I'm close to live at least an hour away.
 
I totally meant to take some pictures, even just with my phone, and I completely forgot!
 
I look forward to the next Geek Girl Brunch that I can attend!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Aw, it sounds like you had a fantastic time! I love how nice everyone was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey B!

      It definitely was a fun time and well worth the drive. I look forward to attending more brunches with these ladies! I'm just gonna be sad when I move and have to move to another chapter.

      Love, Jenn

      Delete