HOME        MEET JENN        GET IN TOUCH        ADVERTISING       

27 April 2016

Mini Adventure: Strawberry Picking

Hello dearest Dreamers!

I hope all is well with you all on this wonderful hump day! I have today off (thankfully I already had it off before I hurt my hand) so I am spending it being lazy. My hand is doing alright, apparently the doctor did well with the stitching and it should be good to go here in the next few days. It is still pretty sore, it throbs a lot, and it sucks when I accidentally do something to aggravate it. Typing is fun when you were taught a certain way of typing and you can't do it cuz it pulls on your stitches and hurts... but I will survive. The only day that I needed to take off from work was yesterday because I already had Monday and today off.

Anyways.... let's get to the purpose of today's post.... Last Wednesday, Amy and I went and picked strawberries for the first time!

We both had to work in the afternoon, so we got up and went in the morning. We went to this place about 30 minutes away called Gillis Hll Farms. We each paid like $12 for a bucket, which basically you can put as many strawberries as you want in the bucket and take it home, as long as you can carry the bucket by the handle on the way out the door. Too easy.



I think we were there for about an hour or so, but we had fun. We walked down one of the rows and we each picked a side. They had some MASSIVE strawberries that were ready for picking, which is exciting. We definitely ate some as we picked them... they were super yummy!



By the time we were done, we each had between 6 and 8 lbs of strawberries that we then brought home. We are going to make some smoothies and stuff with them, I think Amy mentioned making some strawberry jam, and things like that.


In the end, it was just a fun quick little adventure that her and I got to do together and it was something that neither of us had done before! We had fun.

Have you had a mini adventure lately?
Will you share it with me?


2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a ton of fun! I love strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B,

      Surpringly, it was a lot of fun for something so simple. I also love strawberries, which definitely made this simple trip most worth it. We have so many strawberries that Amy had to freeze a whole bunch until we decide what to make of them.

      Love, Jenn

      Delete