HOME        MEET JENN        GET IN TOUCH        ADVERTISING       

31 October 2016

Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Hello Dreamers! 
Happy Monday! also, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

Is there ever such thing as a Happy Monday? Sounds kind of like an oxymoron to me.... but that may just be me.


If you follow me on Facebook then you will have already seen all of these photos, but for those of you that don't.... here ya go! Last Tuesday I went to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party with my friend Ashes back home at Walt Disney World. We've been going to Disney on and off since I was in middle school, but for some reason this was the first year that I attended the Halloween Party!


We got to the park around 4PM because even though the event doesn't officially start until 7PM they still let guests enter around 4 so that they can ride some rides if they are only there for the party. It was the perfect time to get some photos of all the decorations and what not. The first thing Ashes and I did was to go look for some pins at the stores. We knew they would have special pins just for the party and we both wanted some.


Since my birthday is actually tomorrow, and one of the reasons that we decided to go was to celebrate my birthday, I got this nifty button that I got to wear. All the cast members that saw it wished me a happy birthday and I even got a brownie with dinner in celebration.


Ashes and I wanted to get on the Pirates of the Carribbean ride since it is one of our favorites, but unfortunately it was closed down for maintenance. We did manage to stumble upon this awesome treasure hunt though that we never knew existed! We completed 3 out of the 5 maps before it was time for dinner and we got side tracked. Next time I will finish the last two so I get all the maps AND the treasures! For those of us that are into scrapbooking and memory keeping, these maps and treasure cards are perfect memorabilia for our albums. I am working on my album this week, there will be pictures and a walk through video once I am done with it for those that are interested!


Excuse our derpy faces here! We decided to give vlogging a try and this is when I took a photo instead of a video. haha. We are both still pretty new at it and I will have the video up on my YouTube channel sometime this week. 


So I won't lie to you, this was our number one priority of the party, haha. We both love Nightmare Before Christmas (I'll include the video that I got of meeting them in my vlog) and it was definitely worth the wait. We ended up having this really nice family behind us and we sang with their daughters for the duration of the wait and had fun talking with the parents.


This was my birthday hug from Sally.

For those of you that aren't going to watch my vlog: If you are going to the party and you want to meet Jack and Sally, here is a tip for you. Get there at 4PM and immediately get in line (they are at the gazebo over near the Christmas shop) that way you don't have to wait long. They get there around 5 and the cast members close the line around 930-945. The earlier you get in line, the less time that you have to wait to meet the characters.

After this we went and rode the Haunted Mansion ride and did some trick or treating while waiting for the other main events to start. We decided to go to the later times for the events so we could enjoy the park and not feel rushed.



The Hallo-wishes event was fantastic, if not blinding. I love the colors that they had on the castle and how it was more villain themed to fit the occasion!



For a photographer I took some terrible shots! Haha. I decided against bringing my big camera because I didn't want to take the chance of damaging it, so I did most of the photography and videos on my cell phone. For the most part it has a decent camera, but the lighting for parts of the Hocus Pocus Villian Spectacular was terrible! 

The show was phenomenal and thanks to being handicapped, we actually got to see the show up close and personal. Which is really nice when you're short like Ashes and I are. Haha. It's definitely a must-see in my opinion if you go to the show.

We only saw part of the Boo-To-You parade, because we wanted to beat the traffic out for our 1 hour and 45 min long drive back to my parents house, but what we did see what phenomenal as well. I love seeing everything decked out in Halloween. Whoever thought to combine Halloween and Disney is an absolute genius in my opinion!



Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my blog post! Make sure to keep an eye on my YouTube channel for the vlog as well as the scrapbook mini album that I am working on to document the trip!

Hope you all have a fantastic Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment