HOME        MEET JENN        GET IN TOUCH        ADVERTISING       

09 November 2015

Random Thoughts

Hey dearest friends

I've had a lot on my mind lately and I thought that I would share it with some of you loyal readers and friends.

I know that my blog is kind of all over the place. I've already shared a post about not having a niche, and I've been thinking on that.  I use a few words to describe myself: veteran, blogger, crafter, spoonie, geek, memory keeper, traveler, and photographer. These words mean a lot to me. They ARE me, or rather, I am all of those things. 
----------------------------------


I am a veteran of Operation Enduring Freedom with my deployment to Afghanistan from September 2011-2012. I know that not everyone agrees with our country's War on Terrorism, and not everyone agrees with our military. Heck, I don't always agree with it (anyone who knows me in every day life knows this one for real). But I am a Soldier. Some day I'll share a post on what motivated me to join the military. I am an Air Traffic Controller. I multitask with helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles, and fixed wing aircraft that help support our troops and the civilian contractors that are stationed there. No matter how you feel about this topic, please remember that these are people that chose to do what they do for reasons that they believe in.

I am a blogger (obviously, right?). I have so many aspirations for this here blog, and I am hoping that I can make some changes (for the better) over the course of the next year or two to build up this blog. I know right now it seems that all of my posts are either travel posts or my "I Love" Sundays series, but I am working on adding more content. I plan to go back to my geeky posts, my craft posts, cooking (once I have a kitchen again), and much more. I want to share more things with you guys!

I am a crafter, and more then just my scrap journaling. If you follow my IG or my FB page, you'll see some of the crafts I've done over the years. It's been a little bit harder since I've been here in Germany because I don't have access to places like Joannes, Michaels, or A.C. Moore. I've been focusing on my scrap journaling as a way to do something. But I am a painter, I draw, I crochet, sew, and make things out of paracord. I love Craft Fairs and anything handmade! I want to share more of these kinds of posts on here once I get back to the U.S. 

I am a spoonie. I was asked about this term the other day and was happy to explain it to someone who didn't know simply because they asked. I hate being defined by my chronic pain and other disorders. I hate being 24 years old, using a cane and knee brace when I need them, taking a bunch of medication, and about to be medically retired from the military. However, this is part of my life now, something I have learned to live with, and I do love the community that I have become a part of because of this.

I am a geek. Like hard core to the extreme. It's more then just my tattoo's, geek shirts, and memorabilia. Don't ask me about Harry Potter unless you want to have an in-depth conversation about the Wizarding World. Last year I started collecting comic books and I can't wait to get back to the states and build my collection. I'm in the process (still) of crocheting a Doctor Who inspired infinity scarf. I have movies and posters and I am proud of this fact. For real!

I am a memory keeper. Partially because I like looking back, and partially because my memory just plain sucks sometimes. I like knowing the stories behind my pictures and being able to look back and share whenever I want to. I do this with my scrap journals, my photography, and even my social media (blog, IG)

I am a photographer. Like for real! Thanks to my dad, I've always loved this. I want to do this for a living. It's why I am working on a business degree. I like capturing special moments and sharing my view of the world through my camera lens.

I am a traveler. I haven't traveled nearly as much as I have wanted too, but I really didn't start until I came here to Germany. In my almost two years here, I've gone on several adventures and gotten to explore German culture. I've got at least one more planned before I leave Germany, and I am thankful for each and every one. I've now got a list of places I want to travel when I have the time. I will come back to Germany (I haven't seen Berlin yet) and I have plans for Europe and even within the United States. I am super thankful for this opportunity that the Army has given me. I couldn't have asked for a better introduction. I've been to 4 countries (outside the US) and 11 States so far. I can't wait to see more!
-----------------------------------

What does this have to do with anything? I plan on using these interests to help me build this here blog. There are part of who I am, and part of what I want to share with you guys. Why? I dunno, cuz I can? There will probably be less Veteran/Army posts in the future, once I get home, but it still defines me. 

Whatcha guys (girls) think? Anything specific that you want to see more of?
I would love your input!



No comments:

Post a Comment