HOME        MEET JENN        GET IN TOUCH        ADVERTISING       

14 January 2016

Week of Heartbreak

This week hasn't been easy for people.

On Monday, we were alerted that legend David Bowie passed away from Cancer. 

Today though....
This one breaks my heart on a whole other level!


Alan Rickman passed away last night from cancer at age 69. This man was a great talent, probably best known for his role as Professor Severus Snape in the Harry Potter franchise. He also played the voice of The Blue Caterpillar in the live action Alice and Wonderland, Judge Turpin in Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, and The Sheriff of Nottingham from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves just to name a few. Here is the story from BBC America.

Severus Snape was always one of my favorite characters from the series, even before Alan Rickman brought him to life in the movie adaptation. I don't think they could've picked anyone better to play him!!! This news means there is a Harry Potter marathon on the horizon for me and my bestie Sarah in his honor.

Here are some YouTube videos you guys need to see:
The video from when Alan Rickman joined Jimmy Fallon with balloons, 
The "Rickman off" that he referenced between Fallon and Benedict Cumberbatch, 
That time when Alan Rickman and Michael Gambon pranked Daniel Radcliffe



7 comments:

  1. This is just so terribly depressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittany,

      I couldn't agree more!!!!

      Love, Jenn

      Delete
  2. The videos you included both cheer me up and make me sadder at the same time. His death leaves a serious hole in our world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mandy,

      Me too! Someone suggested I look up the one with the helium and that just led me down a funny but sad rabbit hole. TT.TT

      Love, Jenn

      Delete
  3. He will be deeply deeply missed. :'( *HUGE LOVING HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is still hurting from this :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danielle,

      I think it's going to take a while for everyone to move on from this one.

      Love, Jenn

      Delete