HOME        MEET JENN        GET IN TOUCH        ADVERTISING       

03 January 2015

Learning Jenn (Part 1)

I love finding new blogs, and tonight was no exception. I was sitting on the couch with Mo and his parents watching Jim Gaffigan while looking for new geeky blogs to follow and I stumbled across Alice from The Geeky Burrow and her most recent post was the first part of a two part series called That's me in 2015 and it peaked my interest. I thought it seemed like a cool idea, I like getting to know the bloggers I follow and figured that I could participate in this too. I will be posting this in two parts (original post here) because 50 questions are a lot to share in one post.

You can find Part 2 of this interview here

My Uncle's Steampunk-Superhero themed wedding
I went as a Steam Punk Dark Phoenix

1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
My first name is Jennifer, but I only go by that when it comes to the military or when I am in trouble with my mother. My nicknames are Jenn, JC, It, JM, Dark Phoenix, and Proby just to name a few. There are some interesting stories behind a couple of these. I'll be happy to share if you're interested.

2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read?
There are so many books that are begging to be read. You can find a list of them here

3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
I doodle every once in a while, mostly when I am bored at work or when I am on the phone.... I hate being on the phone

4. What do you do if you can't sleep at night? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
Toss & Turn.... and write down all the ideas that come to me on a pad of paper kept by my bed.... or I read...

5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?
A couple of days at least.... I am pretty good at keeping myself occupied.... I sing, write, draw, read....

6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away?
I didn't used to keep them. I started keeping them while I was deployed as some good stuff from home. Now it's mostly christmas cards that I keep and they are placed in my December Daily album

7. Who is the biggest pack rat you know?
Not sure... there are several.

8. When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost?
I don't go to parties that often, but when I do I am with people I know and say hello to other people I know. I don't really make a scene about it and I don't sneak in. I am somewhere in the middle.

9. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be?
My strongest sense? Probably sight because it goes with being a good observer (part of being in the military is being aware of your surroundings)... because my eye-sight is kind of crappy and I need glasses.
Giving one up? I honestly don't know.....

10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Maybe twice? I am not a vain person in the least bit and don't usually care what I look like. It's partly because I don't have a high level of self-opinion... 

11. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
Don't really know. I believed in a lot of things as a child, but I don't know what was strange.... it depends on your definition of strange?

12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
The internet.... its how I keep up with most of my interests.....

13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
My friend Momma Brandi

14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections?
I don’t read newspapers. I don't enjoy gossip and it's so hard to tell what really is the truth anymore and what is embellished.

15. Which animals scare you most? Why?
Hmmm, I don't really know. Large spiders I guess.... like Tarantula's and things like that.

16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
It depends on what is going on. I sometimes engage things head on, but most of the time when it comes to people I try to avoid conflict.

17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savoured?
Something from Morales' mom... most mothers don't like me and she really seems to like me!

18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will?
It's not that I don't have self-confidence, I just don't have a high opinion of myself.

19. Are you a creature of habit? Explain.
Yes. I catch myself doing it all the time..... habits make life easier. 

20. Are you high maintenance? 
Not really

21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits?
The last time I worked out with my buddy MN at the gym

22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why?
I have some close friends but I am generally friendly with people I meet. 

23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others?
A mix of both. I can't chose one or the other. 

24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone?
I have a life full of strange occurrences, but I don't know that there are any or many that I haven't shared with someone. All the strange things usually involve friends of mine.

25. What do you think about more than anything else?
Crafting and photography


Be on the lookout later this week for the second half of this post!


No comments:

Post a Comment