HOME        MEET JENN        GET IN TOUCH        ADVERTISING       

04 January 2015

Learning Jenn (Part 2)

Happy Sunday dear friends!

Me yesterday after going to see The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies.
Rocking my Batman obsession with my 70's Batman shirt, my new ring, and new earrings
I forgot my necklace(s)
And I even have a Batman symbol on my shoulder.

Here is the second half of the self-interview that I found through Alice at The Geeky Burrow! You can find my Part 1 here. Onward and upward...

26. What’s something that amazes you?
People. People never cease to amaze me... with both the good and the bad things.

27. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? Why?
I would rather people be straight forward with me instead of beating around the bush.

28. Where’s your favorite place to take an out-of-town guest?
In the town I grew up it's either Downtown Dunedin (neighboring city) or one of the beaches.

29. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why?
Cleaning. I love being organized but I hate cleaning.

30. Do you have a catchphrase?
Not sure.

31. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? What conditions cause you to dislike or, conversely, enjoy talking with them?
I'm ok with people who are outspoken about their beliefs, as long as they don't try to make me believe the same things they do (if I don't already) and they don't try to shove their beliefs down my throat.

32. How and where do you prefer to study?
Some place comfortable (where I live now it's kind of hard to get comfy so I spend a LOT of free time sitting on my bed) with a notebook. I like to take extensive notes on things so I can better understand and have an easier time remembering what I'm studying.

33. What position do you sleep in?
It depends. I occasionally move around a lot. I find myself on my side a lot though or on my stomach.

34. What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Why?
Dunedin (again). It's a nice little town and the people there are amazing. They come together so well to celebrate holidays, for parades, and when they honored a friend of mine that died.

35. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new?
Personality, voice, and attitude

36. How has your birth order/characteristics of siblings affected you?
I don't know that it really effects me a whole lot. I have two younger siblings and one older sibling, although my brother is old enough that he was already out of the house while I was growing up so I was the oldest in the house.

37. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
Anxiety.

38. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be?
There are none. 

39. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
My middle name Leigh

40. Do you believe ignorance is bliss?
Nope

41. What do you consider unforgivable?
Cruelty towards people or animals, abuse of any kind.

42. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not?
It depends. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

43. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize?
It depends on what happened. You can always forgive people, but never forget what they have done and how it effected your relationship with them.

44.Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for?
Yes

45. To what extent do you trust people? Explain.
I don't trust many people, and the ones I do trust it has taken time. I've been burned too many times in the past and do my best not to make that same mistake again. I give everyone a chance, but I don't trust anyone until they've earned it.

46. In what area of your life are you immature?
My geekdom

47. What was the best news you ever received?
I am not entirely sure.... um... when I found out my mom was better and being released from the hospital, when we found out that the start of this trip was going smoother then we expected and we got extra time with family in the states.

48. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular?
A little, because I try to find the best wording. It's not that it's difficult to be honest, it's difficult to not sound hateful or uncaring or rude sometimes.

49. When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? What was the long term result? Conversely, are you close with anyone now that you really disliked at first?
It has depended on the person. My best friend and I have been friends for over 10 years now. Sometimes it doesn't end as happily and there are people that I clicked with that I am no longer friends with.

50. When do you find yourself singing?
More often then not. I was in chorus in middle and high school and I absolutely love singing. I mostly do it when I am alone because I don't want to bother people with my singing. Although I sing a lot in the car when I'm going somewhere.

I hope you've enjoyed the second half of this interview. I want to say thank you to Alice for sharing her interview with us and inspiring me to do the same!


2 comments:

  1. Alice,

    I really did! It was like a 3 hour battle with only a small break somewhere in there, but I think it was great! I haven't read the book yet, but it is definitely on my list. Have you seen it yet?

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was first introduced to Tolkien when I met the man I now call Dad in 2003, he had the books on his shelves and I was always allowed to read them if I wanted, but I got sucked into the world of Harry Potter and was really done for. I love the movies based on Tolkien's books and I can't wait to read the books. I am definitely a big fan of his and plan on looking more into Tolkien as time goes on!

      Delete